Educational Leaders include a variety of positions from Vice-Principal, Principal, Director of Instruction to Superintendent.
The Vice-Principal provides leadership and support for all manner of educational and operational activities in the school environment.
The Principal is responsible for leadership and administration in the school.
The Director of Instruction is a multifaceted district level leadership position with a focus on educational and student services.
The Superintendent is the chief executive officer of the District and is responsible for the entire operation of the school system.
When the District is seeking Education Leaders, it will be advertised on Make a Future.
It is expected that Educational Leaders will have:
- A minimum of five years of exemplary teaching experience
- Master’s Degree and valid B.C. Teaching certificate
- Recent professional and/or community leadership activities
- A strong understanding of principles of learning assessment and evaluation and an understanding of current curriculum trends
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong leadership, teambuilding and managerial skills
- Proven ability to use technology to enhance effectiveness, student learning and productivity
- Interest in working with parents and the community
Click here for more information on Educational Leaders positions in the K-12 sector.